Monday, April 7, 2008

ONE MORE DAY IN EUROPE- AND IT IS OVER!?!?!?

Our next stop was Brussels, Belgium. We were there just one day and we tried to see as much of it as was possible in the time we had. They have such beautiful lace and it was so inexpensive. I would have loved to buy some but just didn't have the room to carry it or the money to spend on it. This was one of my favorite places I had seen and I vowed to return some day. Well guess what? I will never be able to keep that vow. What with my oxygen 24/7 and a few other things that are wrong with me, but do you know "with the internet the way it is today, I can ALMOST travel, sitting in my desk chair and with the computer on."
We went to Luxembourg and then got on a train to go across France and down into Italy. We planned it this way because we wanted to lay down in a compartment and try to sleep all the way into Florence, Italy. We had planned on going down into Rome but the time we had to spend in Amsterdam told us we just couldn't make it happen so we just went into Florence. We spent one day and night in Florence and then headed back towards Frankfurt, Germany going through Innsbruck, Austria where we spent one night and one in Bern , Switzerland. When we got back to Frankfurt, we took our suitcases out of the train station for the first time, oh my golly, what would we have done with all those big heavy suitcases all over Europe. We could hardly get them from the station to a hotel and to the airport, "THOSE PEOPLE IN BERGEN, NORWAY DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT A GREAT TIP THEY GAVE US" They should make it one of the things they tell all travel bureau's to pass along to the travelers. It is something I would pass along to anyone going to Europe. TRAVEL VERY LIGHT?!?!?
We had a great time and would not trade it for anything, even with the little annoying things that happened we both felt it was a great trip and I am just happy to share it with anyone that reads my blog.

No comments: