Wednesday, April 23, 2008

LATER: Comes to Frutation

A little more information and then we can get back onto the grandchildren that I have been trying to gather information on for the past couple of days. I still have a bunch more to gather but I at least got some.
1st We went down to Lincare Oxygen to see about getting (or buying) a new black cover and oxygen regulator (valve which would cost in excess of $100.00) to replace the one we lost, and I asked if one had been turned in (we thought if someone found it and they were honest, they would turn it in to Lincare since their name was on it). She said "no" but those kind of things happen and she gave us a whole new set of everything, (no charge). She didn't even say "don't let it happen again" or "next time be a little more careful" or some such admonition. She just said "have a nice day and keep breathing". I guess they get a whole bunch of things like that happening or they know how frustrating it is for someone on oxygen to get into a situation like that.
On the way down there, we stopped at the Sandwich Place on about 27th South and 3600 West and bought some turkey and avocado sandwiches that were the best sandwiches I have ever had. We had a coupon for them out of the Happenings Book and they close at 3:00 in the afternoon so we had to get them and bring them back home to eat them. The bread was a little different than what I would think, they were huge slices of like home made bread (like a round loaf) with slices of turkey, lots of slices of avocado, tomato slices, lettuce, onion, pickles if you want them, I didn't, and just a slight spread of mayo., maybe I was just hungry but they sure were good. (You probably don't even care if I had anything to eat, but I did.)
Kent took Charlie up to Park City to see the doctor on Tuesday (yesterday) and they said he would have to see the P.A. because Dr. Rosenberg was in VietNam teaching and operating on some patients for a month. He must have a pretty darn good P.A. to be able to handle all his patients for a month. Also he must be a pretty darn good doctor to volunteer for one month to go over there and teach and operate for nothing. He probably charged Tiger Woods a small fortune and that is why he could afford to go over there. By the way they found out Tiger owns a condo up in Park City and has for quite some time. Anyway, he told Charlie he could start putting a little weight on his knee, but Kent said it sure does look nasty, also he said he probably would need a knee replacement in about 4 years, can you imagine him doing this much surgery on his knee and then telling him that? If I was Charlie, I would start looking for a new line of employment, before I would have to go through this much surgery again in such a small amount of time. The doctor had told him originally that it would take about 8 months for his knee to be like it was before. After that, to have only 3 more years and then have to go through all this again and never having any guarantees that I would be able to go on remodeling. Of course that is totally up to him, not my call. Just saying what I think and the fact that he isn't getting any younger and the more time that goes by the harder it is to find a decent job. By the way, just to let you all know, he was always the world's most macho man, never needing any pain pills or Novocain when he had tooth work done or not even wanting anesthetic (he changed his mind about the anesthetic on the surgical table) for this operation. Well, he has been PAIN PILL FRIENDLY since that time. Of course we all knew he would. Why go through that kind of h____when you don't have to. KayCee said he was coming down the stairs this morning and just about fell on the steps. Boy, he surely does not need to fall.
I went to the Relief Society's "Out To Lunch" today over at the Golden China. As usual I had a very nice lunch, just couldn't eat as much as I would have liked. It is such a good place to go. The lunch runs about $7.70 for a senior which is pretty reasonable for that amount of food.
I took our Relief Society and Priesthood manuals over to Kinkos to have them coil-bound while on my way to the restaurant and picked them up on my back back. It is so nice to have them done where we can just open them up and not have to fight to keep them open all the time. It cost about $4.50 each but it is well worth the price.
While at the grocery store on our way back from Lincare, I went in and found some caffeine free black tea and some fresh ginger, I couldn't find any vanilla beans but I bought some vanilla flavored coffee mate creamer and that works just fine, giving it that vanilla flavor, I don't remember how much I put in but maybe a heaping tablespoon, I also added a little more honey since I was using the whipped kind, and it was very good, much like the original I had bought. This way I'm getting some milk in my diet and a lot of honey and sugar, if you need to lose weight don't try it. Kent wasn't terribly impressed with it and said it was too much work for the benefits you get, but then he is that kind of a person who doesn't want to do anything but open a bottle or a can. I think next time I will use about 2 1/2 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of milk since I'm using the coffee mate which is like powdered cream. I also think I will add another tea bag. Oh, my goodness, I'm getting afar off on this recipe bit so will close for now.

No comments: