Monday, April 14, 2008

MONDAY RAMBLINGS ABOUT SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND MONDAY

I haven't written anything in here about Saturday, Sunday or today so I will just be doing a little brain teasing about same. Saturday morning when I arose from my nice comfy warm bed I realized my one ring was missing, it was my Eterna Gold 18 carat gold ring that I absoluetly love and have worn for years and years. After hunting through my bed and the obvious places, I decided to retrace my steps of Friday night, I had cleaned the bathroom and put a bunch of stuff in the garbage can in the afternoon, not there. Next, was fixing some dinner, we just had left overs and I had cooked some broccoli and cauliflower, both in the same cooking bag. First I looked in the broccoli that I had not used, not there. Next in the bag that I had cooked and we ate out of for dinner and there it was in the bottom of the bag, I sure hope it liked cauliflower and broccoli because it got plenty through the cooking process and eating process and putting the bag back in the fridge for over night.
If someone thinks cleaning the bathroom is a snap for them, for me it is a long drawn out process. I do a little bit and then have to go and sit down and rest for 10 or 15 minutes, it is the same procedure I take in getting dressed or getting ready to go anywhere. I have to judge how long it will take me to do anything and then add about 1/2 hour for sitting to get my breath back. I go into spasms and can't get my breath, it scares me real bad.
Saturday, Don and Joyce came up from Provo to spend the afternoon, then Stirling and Ashley (David's daughter) came out and we sat here and visited for a period of time, then we, Don and Joyce and Kent and I went down to the Golden China for dinner, it was their first time there and they really enjoyed it, said they would return. Of course I always enjoy as I've stated before. From there Don and Joyce went back to Provo and Kent and I came home. I had their Mongolian Stir Fry, all the shrimp I could possibly want, the fried bisquits, lycees, loquats(however you spell them), butterscotch pudding, and a drink and I was stuffed. I didn't even get over to the other table with all the chinese food or to the potato bar or the rice or soup or desserts. I also didn't have any of the meat dishes like the steak or chicken or beef stuff. I just don't think it is fair that I get filled up so fast.
Sunday, I really had to fight with myself as to whether I was going to get out of bed and get ready to go to church or not, it seems like it is so hard to make up my mind whether I can do it or not the first time after a sick spell which I was experiencing right now. Finally I said "Betty, just git your butt out of bed and least try to get ready" which I did and made it just fine. One thing I have learned is I can't shower before church, I have to do it the night before if I am going to be able to get myself ready. It is just too much to do it all that early in the morning. In the afternoon we were invited over to Charlie and Sandy's for dinner (which we generally are) and always enjoy that. We told them we would enjoy tuna fish or peanut butter and jam sandwiches if that was what they were preparing, just to be able to visit with them. We have been going over there for about the last 10 or 12 years, they just consider us two of their family on Sunday at dinner time. Kent and Jacob gave Charlie a blessing because he is going to have his knee operated on this Wednesday (the 16th of April).
Today I went to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers meeting, at 1:00 and came home, don't plan on doing anything tonight except to watch the Jazz play basketball with the Houston Rockets, sure hope the Jazz can win their ball game because I know San Antonio is going to be waiting for them when they go down there on Wednesday, after beating them like we did the last time we played them. Till we meet again. Next time.

No comments: