Thursday, April 24, 2008

KAYCEE BURNSIDE (DAUGHTER OF CHARLES & SANDY)

JorJa,Chalice, KayCee at Dance Review
KayCee at 3 years old
KayCee in her Halloween costume at the school parade around
KayCee sitting on Mike and Karen's new motorcycle at Scofield
Graduation cap and gown in the back yard


Kay Cee wanted to be first listed of the grandchildren so here she is. She was born on June 30,1987 at the Cottonwood hospital in Murray, Utah. She was baptised into the L.D.S. church on July 1, 1995, and graduated from High School June 9, 2005 after attending Murray High School. She was always a very good reader and enjoyed reading almost any book, she especially liked the "Harry Potter Books". She along with her sisters took dance (tap, ballet, clogging) lessons when they were younger. KayCee was always a very good student in school getting exceptionally good grades all the way through school. For the last 3 years she has been attending the University of Utah and is majoring in Communication Technology, she will graduate in the spring of 2009. I always believed she didn't have to do any studying, and just recently I found out she really does have to study. She is working for (I think) Deseret Credit Union at the present time although she could change her working skills this summer. Just recently she was honored to be chosen as the winner of the Bonneville International /KSL/ Salt Lake Media group 2008 Rodney H. Miller Scholarship award. This is what she wrote when she was given the news of winning. "It was a great surprise to find I was nominated amongst a very talented group of students. I want to thank everyone involved in the selection process, the scholarship committee and especially Rodney H. Brady and his care for students studying Broadcasting Communications. I also want to thank my Professors and their dedication to further the study of communications. I am grateful to everyone for encouragement offered for my success in this field, for the generous gift to help me stay focused on my senior year of education at the University of Utah." She received a $2300.00 scholarship. I say "HURRAH for KayCee.




No comments: