Friday, April 11, 2008

THE END TO MY BIRTHDAYS, WHAT WILL NEXT YEAR BRING?

Well, my birthday celebrating lasted just a week, from last Thursday until this Thursday, goodness how can we make them last any longer? Anyway, yesterday I went to a luncheon with some of the ladies from Stone Hollow (exception, Janet Haroldsen) for my birthday. When they called to see where I wanted to go, I said to Ihop and she said what time? My answer 11:30, I meant be out there at 11:30 and she thought I meant pick me up at 11:30, so I went out by myself at 11:15, and just sat there and waited.
While I was waiting this fellow and his wife with a 3 month old baby came over and asked my name and asked if I had served a mission in Malaysia a few years ago, when I told him I had, he said his name was Lunt and he had served a mission there also during that time, I was thinking Kota Kinabalu and he was talking Penang. As my mind was racing trying to figure all the Elders that served in K.K. I just couldn't come up with anything. He asked where we lived and I asked where they lived and all the other proper things to ask and as soon as they left I got my senses back and figued out who it was, boy was I ever sorry that I hadn't figured it all out sooner, I asked if they had ever gone to the Singapore reunions and he said a couple and I told him we had gone to a couple also but not in the last few years.
Elder Lunt had come into the mission field at the age of 25, older than most missionaries from somewhere back East or South, he barely made the cut off date which I think is through the age of 25 or before they turn 26. He was an exceptionallly good missionary just a little quiet and reserved. I had no idea he would be living just a couple of miles from us here in Utah. I guess it was just meant to be that I would be there a few minutes early and get to meet them. It sure is a small world.
The ladies that came to my luncheon were; Janet of course, Teri Sheppard, Connie Edholm, Deloras Stiletti, Doris Thompsen and Joyce Pollack. We have had this little birthday luncheon for several years and the person that has the last luncheon is in charge of making arrangements for the next person's birthday. Notifying everyone when and where it will be and bringing the little singing candle we have, I am in charge now of the next one and it will be Teri Sheppard in July, although we talked about having a get together in June just because it is a long time till July. The person that is having the birthday decides on the time and place they would like to go, I would have liked to have gone to the Golden China but I had my family party there and the Relief Society "Out to Lunch " group is going there next week so I thought that would be a little much. I got some really nice gifts and I want to "Thank Them All" profoundly.

No comments: