Saturday, April 19, 2008

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET ON MY BLOG FOR A FEW DAYS

On the last day I was on my blog, I was waiting for the Doctor to call Bob about the condition of his lungs and about Charlie and how he came out with his surgery.

Bob, the doctor finally called a couple of days after he had all of his tests, and told him he should wait at least 6 months to even consider the surgery. It makes me wonder if he will have to have all those tests over again at the end of 6 months to determine if he will be ready at that time.

Charlie, he had the knee surgery up at Tosh and the doctor that did the surgery was Rosenberg, his office is up at Park City. Everything went extremely well and he is now recovering at home. He rented one of those ice machines that are on for 30 minutes and then off for 30 minutes. We took some Mexican food up for his lunch yesterday (he loves Mexican) and probably isn't supposed to eat anything that spicy but it was him that was going to suffer if it didn't agree and that is what he said he wanted. He goes back to the doctor on next Tuesday and maybe he will say he can be off that silly machine. It seems like Pat was on it for about a week when she had knee surgery. I read the book he was given, to try and write something intelligent but I only understood about 5% of the book. The other 95% was completely Dutch to me. The only thing I understood was that he can't put any weight on it for 2 weeks and that the same doctor did surgery on Tiger Wood's knee the day before, this is the 3rd time he has done surgery on Tiger Woods. Tiger must have a home up at Park City because that is where his surgery was done. He would have to be pretty close for a couple of weeks.
Charlie and Sandy are the Activities Chairpersons, so last night was their chili and pie night, he couldn't go, in fact he couldn't even make the chili they had to furnish, so Sandy and Jorja and Jacob, KayCee and Chalice had to do it all. Charlie just got to sit there and be cross about the whole affair. Sandy was pleased with the way it all turned out so I guess it turned out OK even if he had some gripe coming, how would you feel if chili was YOUR speciality and someone else HAD to make it for you and you couldn't even watch to see if they were doing it right?
Today, I went on our last Visiting Teaching visit and when I came back, I set my black oxygen tank on the trunk of the Mazda since that is where it goes, is in the trunk, and Kent left a few minutes later to go and deliver some blood drive packets, he didn't pay any attention to the fact that the tank was on the back so I guess it just fell off along the road some where. We haven't found it yet and don't hope to. I didn't have my name on it anywhere so if someone found it they wouldn't have any idea who it belonged to. LATER

No comments: