Wednesday, April 16, 2008

JUST A BUNCH OF RAMBLINGS TODAY

Nothing much happened yesterday to me of any consequence so I may not have much to write about. I do want to tell you about my experience with a Chai drink though. After D.U.P. on Monday, I went up to Beans and Brew and bought a Chai drink, I had been told that it was not a coffee drink so I had nothing to worry about as far as caffeine was concerned. I had also been told it was a very fattening drink, which is the thing I was looking for, to put a few pounds on me. The thing I was not looking for was the price, it was very expensive for a small drink. So I came home and looked it up on Google and found it is an East Indian drink made with black tea, well I guess one cup of tea is not going to keep me out of heaven, but, my goodness that cup of tea has 3 tea bags in it, which kept me out of the sleep cycle for the entire night. I really thought it wouldn't be any more than a piece of CHOCOLATE CAKE or a CHOCOLATE COVERED PIECE OF CANDY. Well when you haven't had any caffine in several years, it was enough to make me lay there with my eyes wide open and staring at the ceiling all night long. By the way the drink was very good so I went on the internet to see if I could find something with NO caffeine.
On Google, I found this one, it is made of things you can find in the supermarket, the fellow said it took several tries plus some secrets from a person working for his favorite Oregon local gourmet coffee shop ( could this be S___ B____?)
(4) 1 1/2 in slices fresh ginger (use vegetable peeler)
(1) 2 inch cinnamon stick
(4) whole cloves
(1) heaping demitasse spoon powdered cardamon
(1) 6 inch vanilla bean ( cut into 1 in. pieces)
(1) dash nutmeg
(1) heaping tablespoon sugar
(1/4 ) cup honey
(3) Bigelow Darjeeling Blend tea bags(I'm going to try the non caffeine, I'll let you know)
(2) cups water
(2) cups milk
Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil and then toss in the other ingredients as listed and boil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add milk and bring back to a boil, then take off heat. Strain through strainer or coffee filters and serve hot or cold with ice. Refrigerate any unused portion.
Yesterday Bob (our Son-in-law, married to Ralynn) went up to the hospital for a bunch of tests to see if he could stand to have some surgery to have the top portion of his lungs removed, I am still waiting by the phone to find out about the results of the tests. The Dr. just hasn't called him yet.
To day Charlie is in the hospital, having surgery on his knee, Kent just barely called and said that the surgery is over and they are on their way home, every thing turned out just fine and he will just have to wait out the period of time to be able to go on with his normal life. I do not know anything more than that so I shall just sign off for now and go get ready to go visiting teaching at about 5:00 p.m.

No comments: