Friday, May 9, 2008

PATIO TRANSFORMATION

On Tuesday of this week we had a very nice thing happen. When we woke up in the morning our patio was still packed away for the winter and the flowers were nothing but a weed patch, oh how I hate seeing all of this. Knowing I can't just go out and change anything about it in less than a couple of weeks. JorJa called and she asked what we are doing and I said I was just sitting here and grandpa was going to the doctor. she said "do you want your patio put together?" I said "more than anything." She came out and had her father (Charlie) with her, first she mowed the lawn and then they dragged the furniture out on the lawn and started washing it with warm soapy water and Charlie was spraying it off with the hose. Then we decided to get some new indoor/outdoor carpet since what was there was pretty bad looking.
Kent had come back by this time and he went with them to get it, it was pretty inexpensive by all standards. They came back put the carpet down and put the furniture back on and started weeding the flower patch. IN ABOUT THREE HOURS THE WHOLE THING WAS TRANSFORMED. If it had been nicer weather the next few days I could have gone out and sat on the swing and read but it turned out kind of cool. I don't know when I will get the few flowers that I need to fill the pots and put in some of the bare spots, but I will get them within the next couple of weeks. What will I ever do when JorJa has a full time job and doesn't have the time to come help us? MAYBE CRY A LOT.

No comments: