Thursday, March 20, 2008

This was the first of many of my red hat days. You can see even my tank has a red hat on, also I want to mention the other lady in the picture sitting behind me is 102 years old. The outing that first day was a picnic in the park and we all brought "pot-luck". It's amazing how you can have a pot-luck and get a variety of things you need, seldom are you ever disapointed.


The way this whole thing started, was I was invited over to Joyce Pollack's home for dinner one night, it was for Teri Sheppard's birthday. Teri is my Visiting Teacher, she also is the wife of our current bishop. Well, we were just sitting there eating and talking and Connie Edholm said "Betty I see you know how to get your food from your dish to your mouth so that makes you eligible to be in the Red Hat Society". I then said "I'm what"?

I was then told what the Red Hat Society was, ladies OVER 50 YEARS OF AGE going out and enjoying themselves, having fun, doing things they might not have gotten away with 10 years ago, eating dessert first if that's what you want to do, wearing clothes just not accepted like red and purple together. We go to luncheons at affordable restuarants, go to movies over at the Senior Center (where the meetings are held), go on outings such as to the museums or do carriage rides, have pajama parties (meet at a restuarant at about 9:30 a.m. in our pajamas for brunch), or be in parades. Just plain doing fun things. I will find the official poem for the Society and post it later.

No comments: