Sunday, March 23, 2008

EASTER BONNET



This was the assigned "Easter Bonnet" project for April 2007, make an Easter Bonnet from a lamp shade and be prepared to wear it to a restuarant the day after Easter. Since it was in April, my birthday month, when you are supposed to wear purple hats and red clothing on your birthday month, I went over to the D.I. and looked for a small lamp shade, this one was an ugly black one that I got for 25 cents. I came home and wound some purple clothe around it, glued some red stuff around the top and some beads around the bottom, bought a bunch of purple flowers to put in the middle and tied a purple bow on to keep it on my head. Some of those ladies had some really spectacular hats on, I think they should go into the hat making business. When I was coming out of the restuarant the wind was blowing so hard it was blowing the hat off so I took it off and the flowers went blowing down the road, well I was not going to go running after them so it is now topless.

No comments: