Saturday, March 22, 2008





This is my red hat entry into the parade at Scofield. I just went up prepared to be in the ugly hat contest, but when they all saw me they wanted to make a float out of the little cart that they take the garbage to the garbage dump in. They decorated it with flags and banners and had a name on both sides that said "Miss 4th of July" and it was pulled by a 4x4 driven by Karen Daniels (Mike's wife) and had a helper (Pat Daniels). We just cruized along throwing candy and waving (I learned how to do the queen's wave in a parade) to the spectators. I got a lot of hand clapping and even a few whistles. The only problem with being in the parade was, we were directly behind the horses, well guess what? This is not a good place to be! I didn't win any prizes in the parade but got the distinction of being in my first parade, ever.

2 comments:

Grandpa Broadhead said...

Betty: As a novice blogger I believe you are getting a great start. I will look for your next posting.

Your other 1/2

Heather said...

Where is Grandpa's blog at? This seems to be the family place:). I love your page Grandma just remember not to put to much information on these things.

I love you and I think ou look GREAT in purple and red :), I can't look at a Red Hat anything and not think of you

Love,
Heather