Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tales From The Past Week

I finally got my oxygen squared away. I think Kent trying to eat that poor delivery guy was the thing that did the trick. We finally got him to realize that a person on oxygen without any oxygen can get pretty angry, guess what the next step is? I just about found this out last night when we went up to the Spagetti Factory at Trolley Square last night. Brooke had phoned and they were having a dinner for Aspen, our 5 year old granddaughter, well neither one of us had been to Trolley Square for years so we didn't even know where the Spagetti Factory is located. We parked in the lower parking lot and the elevator was out of service so I had to walk up one set of stairs and when I realized that I would have to walk up another set to get there I just couldn't do it. Brooke and Matt came in just about that time so she said she would go and try to round up a wheel chair which she did and I appreciated her more at that time than anyone could know. We had a nice dinner and everything went well.


I got a permanent on Thursday of this week which I was badly in need of so sitting there for 2 hours was a little tiring. On Wednesday I had two cleaning ladies come in and clean my house which I was so thankful for. I will have them come in once a month and do the same things, keeping my house liveable but not having to do it myself or depend on Kent to do it. It is too hard for both of us to clean in addition to doing laundry and dishes and preparing something to eat every day. I don't call it cooking because it really isn't cooking, it is just opening packages or cans or adding hot water to something. The microwave and I have become very good friends lately. We are gooing over to Charlie and Sandys for Corned Beef and Cabbage in a litttle while so guess I better go get ready.

1 comment:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

It seems like as we get older our cooking changes a lot thank goodness for all the foods now that are so easy to heat up. We sure do miss you at DUP now that spring is here hope we will see you soon.